Friday 24 September 2010

I am quite new to photography only getting my first camera 5 years ago A 6mg pixs Kodak z650 digital camera I had a lot of fun using it , I used it for the 1st course I went on at the botanical gardens a short course on how to use your camera this is the 1st time I used manual settings and have never gone back .

Took in the garden faces the glass houses


After I finished that course i wanted to get a certificate in photography and saw a course at a local adult education course
It was Ncfe photography level 1 it was use of camera controls Explore and develop image production skills and produce and evaluate a range of photographic images . At the end you had to have a portfolio of 12 images , I choose to do my favourite place and took 12 images from Stratford upon Avon . Half way though this course I managed to get a canon 450d at a curry’s opening day sale I was really pleased and used this for the rest of the course .
 Here is a sample of my work from Ncfe level 1


 





After i finished level 1 I went back the year after a done Ncfe level 2 Certificate in photography
At the start i picked action and movement , still life and natural history
For my final 12 photos portfolio i picked natural history

My level 2 work








Now I hope to study this city and guilds level 3 at Burton college I am amazed how much equipment there is and how good the studio is . I am use to a run down adult education centre with just 2 portable stands and lights
I have not work in a studio before so wouldn’t mind a try . I am not sure what certificate to go for but wouldn’t mind trying some macro work , Id like to get some units towards a diploma so if I come back next year and I could do the other units I need .

No comments:

Post a Comment