Wednesday 2 February 2011

Macro , A final image choice , From a idea to the final presented image

 Theme 1 Macro , A final image choice  , From a idea to the final presented image

 SITTING PRETTY (Monarch Butterfly)
Macro final 10 image captured and presentation
  • Theme 1 MACRO
  • Date 10th of November 2010
  • Time 13.46

Lens 60mm
Shutter speed 1/80 sec
Aperture f/4.5
ISO 200
Metering Evaluative
No flash


Location

Stratford-Upon-Avon Butterfly Farm

Stratford upon Avon butterfly park 
Swan's Nest Lane,
Stratford-upon-Avon,
Warwickshire





A walk around Stratford upon Avon butterfly park

I went to Stratford butterfly park and took some macro shots of the many butterflies bugs in there

Ambient light

It was sunny day outside. The butterflies are housed in a big greenhouse so the ambient light was quite good 

Planing  

 I took plenty of water because of the humid heat inside i got there in morning so there would be less general public , I hoped to capture a macro shot of a butterfly on a flower feeding , I was hoping to use a depth of Field and have a strong focal point using the rule of thirds aslo .

Equipment

I took my 450d camera I took 2 lenses my 50mm lens and my 60mm macro lens
I also took some magnification filters for both my lenses
I took a flash gun to help with exposure



Equipment for shot

I used my canon 450d camera

Lens Tamron 60mm lens

Equipment operation 

I used my 60 mm lens with Manuel focusing and Manuel settings I set the aperture to f/4.5 to show some depth of Field and I used a shutter speed of 1/80 any slower and I might of had camera shake with such a close up image and i used a ISO of 200 to help with the Exposure . I got close up quietly so not to scare the butterfly off  and moved up close and metered onto the butterfly's head .


Risk and Health and safety

 I was careful not to use a tripod in case of the public tripping on it and falling
I took plenty of water because of the humidity 
I was careful of the butterflies on the floor there was one or two dead butterfly's that had been stepped on by the unaware public 

Image

A Monarch Butterfly feeding on a yellow flower

Composition and choice of image

I took a few different compositions of this butterfly


Under exposed

Out of focus

Slightly over exposed and a standard composition

Conclusion

 I picked this image because of the rule of thirds and the tonal range and depth of Field
 and detail and sharpness of the butterfly and flower .

                                                     ORIGINAL IMAGE
ORIGINAL IMAGE
                                                               Editing 

I took the original image into photoshop and made a slight crop and slightly sharped the image .


Monarch Butterfly


The original image was cropped to improve the photo cropped to 300 dpi


Using the crop tool you can select the best area of a photo



Frame

After i had finished I put a simple black and white border to enhance the image and bring out the colours and detail and tones of the butterfly

SITTING PRETTY


Final image

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I will be marking the blogs next week can you add your last blogs and any final work as by the end of next week all will be marked.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete