Saturday 20 November 2010

Stratford upon avon butterfly park /macro



Stratfrord upon Avon butterfly park 

I went to stratford butterfly park and took some macro shots of the many butterflies bugs in there 
It was sunny day outside. The butterflies are housed in a big greenhouse so the light was quite good 

Planing wise  I took plenty of water because of the humid heat inside i got there in morning so there would be less general public

Equipment I took my 450d camera I took 2 lenses my 50mm lens and my 60mm macro lens
I also took some magnification filters for both my lenses
I took a flash gun to help with exposure

Equipment operation 

I used my 50 mm lens with Manuel focusing with my 4mm filter and 10mm filter  and got close up 
I also took my 60mm lens and used it in manual focusing 
I also took my jessops flash gun to help with some of the shots i used it with a hot shoe adaptor 



LOG OF IMAGES


Lens 60mm
Shutter speed 1/60 sec
Aperture f/6.3
ISO 200
Metering Evaluative
No flash


Lens 60mm
Shutter speed 1/80 sec
Aperture f/5
ISO 200
Metering Evaluative
On board flash


Lens 50mm +10 filter
Shutter speed 1/80 sec
Aperture f/20
ISO 200
Metering Evaluative
Flash gun

Lens 60mm
Shutter speed 1/125 sec
Aperture f/2.8
ISO 200
Metering Evaluative
On board flash


Lens 60mm
Shutter speed 1/60 sec
Aperture f/7.1
ISO 200
Metering Evaluative
On board flash


Lens 60mm
Shutter speed 1/40 sec
Aperture f/10
ISO 200
Metering Evaluative
On board flash


Lens 60mm
Shutter speed 1/60 sec
Aperture f/6.3
ISO 200
Metering Evaluative
On board flash


Lens 60mm
Shutter speed 1/200 sec
Aperture f/6.3
ISO 100
Metering Evaluative
flash gun


Lens 50mm
Shutter speed 1/80 sec
Aperture f/6.3
ISO 100
Metering Evaluative
No flash


Lens 60mm
Shutter speed 1/60 sec
Aperture f/10
ISO 200
Metering Evaluative
On board flash


Lens 60mm
Shutter speed 1/80 sec
Aperture f/4.5
ISO 200
Metering Evaluative
No flash


Lens 50mm
Shutter speed 1/60 sec
Aperture f/4
ISO 100
Metering Evaluative
No flash

Risk and Health and safety

 I was careful not to use a tripod in case of the public tripping on it and falling
I took plenty of water because of the humidity 
I was careful of the butterflies on the floor there where 1 or 2 dead butterfly's that where get stepped on by the unaware public 

I am glad i went to the park i enjoyed capturing the different incests and butterfly and showing the tonal range , colours and textures of the creatures .






3 comments:

  1. Nice stuff here Simon, Iv'e been there a couple of times myself and it's wicked for macro stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty & scary shots Simon, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    As we have discussed this macro work that you have produced is some of this highest quality I have ever seen at the college at any level, you really have go the approach absolutely correct, again I will be talking to the group about final selection of images.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete